Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Helping the Birds


It is nest building time for the birds in our area.

I remember years ago walking through the woods at my parents' house and spotting little nests made almost entirely of long blonde strands of hair from my horse's mane and tail. When the birds where done with their nests, many of them made it into my collection. I use them around the house and at Christmas time, hide one or two amongst the tree branches. I no longer have horses but do find ways to help the birds with their nests.

This time of year when I clean my hairbrush or the lint screen from my dryer, I toss those little bits and pieces out a window for the birds. Sure enough, I have seen nests around our home built using those little pieces!

It is a small thing but it brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment